Explore how executive function supports the critical life skills of conscious control, engagement, collaboration, empowerment, efficacy, and leadership. Develop activities and strategies for classroom use, as well as targeted facilitation to improve students’ executive function.
- Understanding the six levels of increasingly complex life skills that depend upon executive function
- Identifying activities and structures that build executive function focused around the critical six levels of life skills
- Understanding how teacher facilitation builds the executive function skills around the critical six levels of life skills
- Designing structures for the classroom to create a culture of executive function
- Developing tools for teacher facilitation to create a culture of executive function
This course will use Dr. Nancy Sulla’s book, Building Executive Function: The Missing Link to Student Achievement as a resource. The assigned book must be purchased in advance. Access to the MyQPortal is included for all participants while enrolled in the VLC. 25 contact hours.