We’re all familiar with STE(A)M courses and STE(A)M hours; but what about a classroom or school that exudes a culture of STE(A)M thinking? How can we position students to use design thinking, exemplify the use of math practice standards, and experience the cross-cutting concepts of the Next Generation Science Standards throughout the day? This course will focus on designing instruction to reflect a STE(A)M culture across all activities of the day. Participants will design lesson plans and structures to use with their students.
- Develop activities and visual resources for creating a STE(A)M Culture
- Understand the engineering design process
- Design authentic problems to build STE(A)M mindsets
- Infuse transformational technology
- Integrate the arts through design
Access to the MyQPortal is included for all participants while enrolled in the VLC. 25 contact hours.